Monday, November 13, 2017

Sunday Tip or Technique

Today is my birthday, it is my privilege to celebrate another year so I always take it. No matter how good or bad the previous years today is my day to celebrate as tomorrow is not promise.
Recently I saw on Facebook a sweatshirt that says "all women were created the same but the best were born in November" what are the odds our grand-daughter and I were born in the same month 😋 and also there was a t-shirt that said "I'm a November girl, I was born with my heart on my sleeve, a fire in my soul and a mouth I can't control, thank you for your understanding" Bret just laugh and said that I wouldn't be serious to wear something like that, after thinking about it told him and I would LOL but of course didn't order neither one but did think about it as I like both messages.

This card is using one of the Sunday Tip or Technique, card in a card, which was a fun card to work on. The idea came from Srushti Patil. Her card was square and it had the seven layers opening all the same side but I decided to have my card normal A2 size and alternate my openings right to left and left to right, my seventh layer is for my personal message and being that today is my birthday I decided to make this TT a birthday card. She used magnets to keep the card closed and thought about doing that but at the last minute decided that it really didn't need that extra step, yes card doesn't closed completely but after mailing it might. I made it very colorful being is a birthday card, her cards were only two tones

For the top layer I used the stamp & cut set Happy by Hero Arts, I die cut the happy twice, the birthday was stamped with tuxedo black ink, the butterfly is from small butterfly frame by W Plus 9 steel designer die, pearls from stash


the inside of the first card was done with happy balloons set by Concord & 9th with Lulu lavender & grape jelly inks, and birthday bundle paper pumpkin set May 2015 with grape jelly


for the second card I used sprinkles turnabout set also by Concord & 9th with tuxedo black, desert sand, angel pink & rose bud inks; I used Copic Marker to anchor the cupcake


for the 3rd card, I used Sale-A-Bration set big day by SU with black licorice hybrid ink and colored in with Copic Markers


for the 4th card, I used balloon adventures set by SU with tuxedo black ink, cantaloupe and dandelion ink


for the 5th card, I used wishing you set by Mama Elephant with tuxedo black ink, sparkled with love paper pumpkin set May 2017 with bamboo ink


and for the 6th card, I used balloon adventures set again by SU with tangelo ink coloring in with Copic Markers and ink blot set by CTMH with potter's clay ink



Again, for the 7th card I decided not to decorate or anything as this would be used for the personal note



No comments:

Post a Comment