Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Día de Muertos

Today is Día de todos los Santos or all Saints. Most people celebrates the life of children or short life of children that die too young (under 2) so celebrations of Día de files difuntos o Día de Muertos or Day of the Dead that is celebrated tomorrow November 2nd starts today for those that had this kind of loss. This year I decided that instead of sending a Halloween card to my family that I would send them a Día de Muertos card although the inside message was Halloween, only because I didn't have anything else :0) Growing up my family didn't do much for Día de muertos but we always celebrated Halloween going to parties sometimes but for sure going for treat or trick with all the kids in the neighborhood.

Hero Arts came out with a cool layered stamp set and die of sugar skulls so fun to play with. For the background, I made a very simple "papel picado" with tissue paper that is very popular this time of year and sponged rose bud ink. For my skulls I used rose bud, Bahama blue, Lulu lavender, pear tart and lilac posies inks and for my message tuxedo black ink.


No comments:

Post a Comment