Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A Sara Thing

For Paper Pumpkin April 2017 I made these and still have enough supplies to make more but that kit was one that didn't really inspired me much. I don't do watercolor guess that's the first thing that got me disappointed, the watercolor paper!! these two cards were easy to do as just did the ink resist technique and done but the rest of the supplies just didn't call me for nothing 😞 the embellishments were awful, ugly plus bulky maybe because I send 95% of my cards or donate them and when you donate cards they don't like cards that have bulky embellishments that would cost more than normal postage which I understand. When you're sending your personal cards it's your choice if you pay 49 cents or $3 for a card but the other people are asking cards for free so they really don't want to spend a lot of money to send the hundred of cards they get! so personally those embellishments went to my donation/goodwill box the rest of the papers are in the box to maybe use some day, if they don't get use soon they will go to the donation box too. I will check the alternative ideas and see if someone did something that will inspire me enough to use them 😏

I used distress inks and blending tool to add color. For this one I used shaded lilac, seedless preserves and dusty concord


for this one squeezed lemonade, scattered straw, mustard seed, fossilized amber and antique linen



for both I used black licorice hybrid ink for the message which was from the kit

No comments:

Post a Comment