Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Shoebox Tuesday

For today's shoebox project I decided to have a go at Anna's idea of polished technique with a fall theme.

Since I bought the distress reinkers I am able to play with some of the techniques as long as they're not too mess. Anna used daffodil delight and pumpkin pie colors which make great fall colors so going for sort of the same tones I used wild honey and rusty hinge. Wasn't totally sure how this will turn since one of the reinkers was regular distress ink and the other was oxide reinker. The stamps are both from sheltering tree set by SU stamped with ground espresso ink; I used hello honey ribbon also by SU

On this first card I used photo paper, the ink did what it was supposed to do I guess, it spread a bit and dry quick (you wet your cotton ball with alcohol not too much but not too little and applied a few drops of reinker, I didn't have cotton balls just cotton pads which was hard to work with) I applied the wild honey first then rusty hinge. Colors are very vibrant


On this one, I used glossy paper and applied rusty hinge first and wild honey last. All was the same ways just the inks were applied in difference sequence but somehow on the glossy paper it became opaque and the ink didn't seem to stay on don't know if it was to oxide or because I used it last or what but I had to rubbed the whole card with a rag after a few hours as it was like it was not dry yet, some like powder was getting on my fingers


Anna stamped her tree sort of flying in the card I decided to sort of anchor it towards the bottom so it wasn't flying and leave my fall background to be around the tree and everywhere around😊


No comments:

Post a Comment