Thursday, January 11, 2024

Joy in the New Year

I wanted to make cards for some of my online friends since I don't make Christmas cards. Too much pressure LOL these were fun to make. I made them in three colors.

Started by blending my layer of white cardstock then embossed it with snowy stars geometric 3D embossing folder by Altenew then reblended the layer as I didn't like the white showing cut it down and mounted to a die cut layer of black with Cindy Echtinaw Designs Card Creator Perfect Layers A and mounted to an A2 white card base. Then die cut the die set Joy also by Altenew, the shadow with vellum and the outline with glossy black cardstock then inlay with MB shimmering festive glitter 6x6 paper pad, the small message is from mini Christmas sentiments strips glimmer hot foil plat & die set by Spellbinder with the silver glimmer foil that came with the machine.

For this card used oxide inks salvaged patina, salty ocean & blueprint sketch


oxide inks salvaged patina, prize ribbon & villainous potion 


oxide inks abandoned coral, lumberjack plaid & aged mahogany 

 




2 comments:

  1. JOY has been my word of the year for about 10 years now! LOL It is great to think on it! I try to think on all of the things that bring me joy and how I can try to share it with others or inspire them to seek it! Our cards hopefully do that, too! Yara these cards are so wonderful! I love your color combos so much! The embossed backgrounds add so much to the cards! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Traci! I love distress inks they're so easy to blend. The folder is the one that came in the Cozy comfort retreat

    ReplyDelete