Friday, January 12, 2024

Create & Connect make & take with Lea Lawson

Took the Create & Connect Virtual Event by Pinkfresh Studio & The Stamp Market, although this time around I was out of town so didn't watch the event live or at all so far. Saw the the sample cards from PDF and been working on my cards as I have time. From all the kits this was my favorite so had to start with this one. Folk snowflake bundle which included stamp set, die set, and stencil set. The class was done by Heather Hoffman and the make & take by Lea Lawson.

I needed our thank you cards for Christmas gifts so made some thank you cards but also wanted some New Year's so also made some with same design.

Started by using one of the layered stencils from geometric tile with Altenew ultimate metallic antique gold pigment ink on the white panel then mounted to a blue layer that was attached to an A2 white card base. Then die cut the ornate rectangle frame essentials 3 times two in white for dimension and one in lavender kept one white inner part glue all to what I had and then added a rhinestone in between each gold diamond. I like to die cut first then stencil my images so die cut 3 snowflakes and on one used distress ink milled lavender, dusty concord and distress oxide prize ribbon glued all 3 and glued to the rest then decided I wanted to stamp the snowflake image in gold which was a bit tricky as I don't do blocks just stamping tools and even with using my stamp positioning trick with acetate it was off a bit maybe because of the dimension I don't know but I'm the only one that would probably will see it's off

For the thank you cards used arch florals stamp set and coordinating cuts die set also by Pinkfresh Studio with Tim Holtz distress oxide ink dusty concord


and for the New Year's cards I just added message from my drawers and it's by HA


No comments:

Post a Comment