Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Cards in Motions homework Day 3

I'm taking Altenew's class with Ashley Tucker. For day 3 it was pop-up cards. Another fall/sympathy card. Ashley gave us 3 ways to do the pop-up card I normally don't use neither one of these ways but since these are what she used guess we were supposed to use these ways at least for the homework 😀 

For my front I used I set by Taylored Expression which it reminded me again why I hate so much this set, when I bought it I thought it was great, multi-layer leaves 3 different leaves BUT it's red rubber and with my bad hands I have to use a stamping tool and even with a stamp positioner it's a pain to use specially when you want to stamp the whole layer, messages are great and the solid stamp would be great for kissing technique but as a layer set it's awful...to me that I have OCD and want perfect alignment and you will see I didn't get it in a couple as my stamp positioner moved on the MISTI or maybe my shaky hand either way it wasn't too much off so decided to let it be since I'm not giving it to anyone, this card is just for the homework anyway all the stamping except message were done with Altenew inks. The little dots are from delicate peony by Birch Press, the message on the front and inside are both with VersaFine Clair pinecone and from Altenew's beautiful inside set. For the pop-up I used Gina K's stitched leaves mini stamp kit. I die cut the leaves, then did smooch technique with the same inks I used on the front leaves and when dry I used a dauber to add some rocky shore ink on all the edges then I stamped the matching stamp with VersaFine Clair pinecone

I used Neenah 80lb. for the layer and card base and seaside 65lb by Recollections for the inside pop-up part and the front layer





4 comments:

  1. This card is so beautiful. I don't even see the stamping mistake that you mentioned, I just see a really beautiful card! Someone would be so happy to receive this. I often have to remind myself that even though I might not think my work is perfect (I am very much a perfectionist and OCD and my own worst critic lol), someone else will look at it and see it as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband said he didn't see the problem either sometimes it's just me. thank you

    ReplyDelete