Thursday, September 24, 2020

Cards in Motion homework Day 4

I'm taking Altenew's class with Ashley Tucker. For day 4 was spinner card but this time was a new way to do a spinner and this time it was something completely new to me so of course I had to give it a go not only because I like this kind of cards but because it was something new. The other days I have done them in the past on my own way or the same but this I just had to try. Again I made it fall theme so other than the inks that are Altenew I don't think I have any other of their products.

For my front panel I stamped a striped background stamp with buttercream ink then stamped the leaves with vanilla cream ink then cut my panel with double stitched rectangle die by Kat Scrappiness. I die cut 3-4 rings with a combination of Gina K wreath builder mini stamp kit circles dies and nesting circles dies by Lifestyle Craft from scrap cardstock and one of brown/craft cardstock then cut two circles with the same nesting circles a bit bigger than the opening of the ring one in the same brown/craft and another in green. I glued the scrap rings together and attached them to my layer which was already attached to my base then added foam on the center. 

On the brown/craft piece I attached my leaves which I made my spraying some distress oxide on vanilla cardstock then stamping and die cutting out of the set open falling leaves and matting set falling leaves by Heartfelt Creations with VersaFine Clair pinecone. The sprays I used were walnut stain, fossilized amber and peeled paint. Because there was too much brown showing I punched on the scraps of cardstock left some leaves from small punches by EK Success and Punch Bunch just to fill the area of the ring. I attached my ring on top of the other ring then placed the brown/craft circle on top of the foam.

I stamped my pumpkin from thankful set by LDRS Creative with autumn blaze, firebrick & forest glades and added some buttercream on the shades as I didn't like how light it was. Since the pumpkin didn't cover the whole circle I die cut some greenery which serve two purpose one anchor the pumpkin and also cover the area that was not cover in the circle that is why I die cut a second circle same color as the greenery so I attached everything to the green circle then attached it to the brown/craft circle with foam an now the the spinner is created





2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed making a spinner card this way for the first time! It turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I did thank you Ashley. I enjoy the whole class

    ReplyDelete