Saturday, September 26, 2020

Cards in Motion homework Day 6

I'm taking Altenew's class with Ashley Tucker. For day 6 was a two part lesson, first part was a twist and pop-up card and the second part was to combine multiple lessons in one card. I haven't done the second part and might not do it haven't decided as nothing too special is coming up that need that much work LOL. For the first lesson, is a card I made before here and when I made it I used a Dutch tutorial which was complete different to how Ashley showed. I decided to combine a little bit of both I guess. Once again I made it fall theme. 

All inks are Altenew and I did use the mega greetings 4 set and die by Altenew everything else if from other companies.

For my main images I used autumn bounty stamp & cut set by HA with permanent black ink, colored with Copic markers and die cut with matching dies. I die cut my hope die 3 times stacked them., stamped my message with espresso and was ready to work on my front layer first mounted my stamped message then attached the hope and then added my veggies because I felt they were "flying" I found a tiny die of leaves and that solved my problem, set that piece aside and I move to the inside. I made my mechanism which was 8.5" x 2.5" score in half the long way and then score and folded in an angle the center.

I cut an additional strip of 11" x 2-3/4" and score in half then half each side to the opposite making a M or W depending on how you see the paper. This paper is wider and longer than my mechanism. I needed 4 pieces for decoration and they were 2.5" square originally wasn't going to add the hay stack paper but once again felt my veggies were flying so this way they weren't. The inside message is from onward & upward set by W Plus 9 also with espresso ink. Also added some cardstock to cover the mechanism...for my OCD




top view


side view


2 comments: