Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Cards in Motion homework Day 2

I'm taking Altenew's class with Ashley Tucker. For day 2 it was spinner cards. I decided to play with the homework since I also like these cards. I made my card very simple using mostly background paper. Normally I tried using Altenew products on my homework but somehow I don't remember they had a fall set in the past and all I the leaves I had are from flower sets and I still wanted to do a fall card so had to use a different set. I used Gina K's stitched leaves mini stamp kit that has stamps and dies so for my spinner part I used the maple leaves from there and for the front of the card the maple leaves are from autumn wreath builder set.

For the front I cut my background panel that I believe I got the paper at Hobby Lobby a couple years ago. For my base as well as my inside piece I decided to use the same color cardstock. I cut my inside panel pretty small as I didn't want my spinner to show when it was closed, I know my OCD just didn't work so I kept playing until I was happy. I used fishing thread for hang my maple leave. I die cut the maple leave out of the gift of fall add on pack by SU then stamped my leave with VersaFine Clair pinecone. On the front I used the rock & roll technique to stamp the leaves using the warm and cozy collection of inks; the message is from the beautiful day set by Altenew also with VersaFine Clair pinecone. On the big maple leave I sponged some aged mahogany ink on the back just in case there was anything showing but I was able to match so was extra work 😊




4 comments:

  1. This turned out so good! I really like the leaf you used for the spinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley had to use something that was double sided without doing mirror image my hands shake too much for that

    ReplyDelete