Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Fancy flap fold card

This card was Template or Technique of the month in one of the yahoo groups I belong to, a Sunday Tip or Technique on another group and also Tuesday Try This in another group. I made two cards with this fold, like always since I don't like to glue two pieces together to make the base, I made it smaller than normal A2 size. My thought is that since most people use either 8.5" x 11" or 12" x 12" make it normal card size wouldn't fit in those papers without making a two-piece card base. My card is about 4" x 5" folded

On this first card I use an Endless Creations flower stamp and thinking of you. The inside message is Savvy stamps (I think)



For this other card I decided to make it two tone card...white and blue. The prima flowers are Recollections, the hexagon for the message was punched out with SU punch with matching stamp set

but the one on the flap was cut with the Brother Scan N Cut.Also instead of throwing away the corners I cut off I used them as part of the card


and I decided to do some stamping on the insert not enough that there isn't room to write a note but enough to cover 1/3 of the bottom part.The hexagon stamps are from the set I used on the from by SU and the message is by Hero Arts

also I added two way glue to the tip to keep flap closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment