Friday, September 5, 2014

Craft room

When I posted my craft room I didn't show how my embossing folders and dies are store...beside the CD/DVD boxes.

When I was surfing on Pinterest once, I saw someone was doing this type of organization to their embossing folder I liked it so I did mine but a little different. All folders are done with white card stock with the envelope punch board and are pretty much there is only 3 sizes...5x7, A2 and odd size. They all have to fit in these 3 sizes. Since I love purple I got the card stock from Michaels that has 4 different tones of purple I believe the packages are 50 sheets. With most Cuttlebug I was able to get about 4 folders with one sheet, of course if the folder was 5x7 I could only get two. In general I could get about 3 folders per sheet. and since I have the 12" cutting mat size I was able to emboss two at a time. Took a long time still but was better than having to do one at a time. This boxes come with 2 dividers; in most of the boxes I wasn't using the dividers but in other I sure needed lots. The dividers fit in some notches but I got Bret to remove that so they could be anywhere in the box :0) They're sorted by my categories which seem to be easy to find what I'm looking for.

I have been lazy so I haven't label the white folders, only the embossing folders have info (name of folder, number and company). So far it has worked fine not having labels visible as the important thing is to see how it embosses and I can still get the info for my recipe from the folder itself.
              

This is how I have the dies. Until I started doing this I realize how many dies I have!! anyway I had some old photo pockets so I cut all the 5x7 and that's where I put all the dies. I ran out of dividers so we're working on how to make more since they're not sold individually

If I have the package I cut it to fit in the pocket if not I just have the dies in a magnet, the index is on one side of the tab, the magnet on the other on the tab which I made the size of the pocket again with the envelope punch board. Some of them are label as removed the labels from the previous storage, if I didn't have a label it's not labeled :0( Also if there is any like Labels 1 and Labels 1 small, circles small circles large  I have them back to back

Originally I had started with the purple same as the embossing folders BUT turned out I have way too many dies and didn't have enough card stock and since I was on a roll I just grabbed another packet of card stock which had a mix of green, yellow & blue and also red packet, I tried to do a different color of each company but once again I ran out of some colors so I just left Spellbinders in purples and the rest goes what ever color I have LOL maybe some day I will switch colors to do it the way I wanted but at this time it works out and it hasn't bother me :0)

Since the photo pockets were from over 10 years ago I haven't been able to find them. The ones I found have the opening on the side and are a bit longer so I'm using those for The Stamp of Life stamps & dies. I know probably at some point I will have to use them for the regular dies but hopefully before I need them I will be able to find the old style pockets

No comments:

Post a Comment