Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Double shutter card

Remember I told you I was going to try and figure out the way to make this card with just one sheet of paper? Well I did. The biggest card stock I have is 11" x 17", it's just a bit darker than vanilla BUT light enough that you can use any color. It didn't give me ALL the panels the same size, I was short 1/4" on each side BUT because of the punch I used I ended up cutting another 1/4" on each side so worked out perfectly. I figure as long as I use a punch that will cut the design out no smaller than a 1/4" I'll be just fine with this cardstock :0)
The end card is 5-1/4" x 16-1/2". The paper is by Martha Stewart Crafts called elegant witch mat pad. The punch is also Martha Stewart. The Magnolia image was give to me by a dear friend.

Halloween is my second favorite holiday and since it's around the corner decided to make my card with that theme. In real life I HATE HATE spiders...and any bug but I don't mind using something with spiders or bugs with my cards

This is  how it's all wrapped up. Again because of the thickness of the card you need a band

without the band

all opened

closed up left side

closed up right side

Tilda's closed up...she was colored with Copic Markers

main panel

No comments:

Post a Comment