Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Happy Veteran's Day

 Today we celebrate all men & women that have served the military so we thank you for your service and sacrifice. This card is for you

It was inspired by Mary Polanco, she made a set of cards using the smoosh technique and I liked it so decided to use her idea. I used regular distress ink instead of oxide and I did use all colors in one card just because LOL I dry in between layers antique linen, frayed burlap, vintage photo, old paper, forest moss and ground espresso. Stamped my eagle with VersaFine Clair fallen leaves which is a stamp by A Country Welcome, let it dry used anti static powder and stamped my soldiers 4 times with same ink they are from Lovely Legs military strong set by Colorado Craft Company and added clear fineline embossing powder then with a sponge dauber added some VersaFine Clair fallen leaves all around my layer. I found a piece on my scraps that was already die cut that fit my message perfectly, did some more smoosh inking and sponged and stamped with VersaFine Clair fallen leaves, the set was land of the free by Altenew, used some more scraps to add dimension just because I have more of the same pieces already cut so I could use them. Have way too many scraps



No comments:

Post a Comment