Friday, November 13, 2020

Happy Birthday to me, miss your face

I am bless and grateful be celebrate another birthday on this rainy cold day. This year has been a difficult year for most and for me guess the hard part was when we stopped our play day towards the end of March when our Governor shut down the state for good reason and measurements to control COVID19 as I couldn't see my friends, the not going out was a little hard but got used to it and I'm fine with it. My friends and I used to meet each week mostly to stamp, make cards but some time we just chatted for 4 hours about everything and anything except politic and religion the two subjects that can make you lose friendships. At least my dad always told me when growing up so that was my rule to keep the peace in our meetings...no politics or religion for those that couldn't accept other opinions but theirs.

I am high risk and because of my COPD can't wear a face mask so going out or being around other people was/is not possible or safe, so Bret started thinking on a way we could meet safely and finally, he did something for over our dinning room table, there are 4 individual spots completely seal except from the top of course and it gets sanitized after each meeting. We have some extra rules but I am able to meet again with my friends and we were able to meet yesterday, well we have been meeting for a few times now but yesterday we it was to celebrated Judy's birthday which is Sunday and mine that is today and that could only have been possible thanks to my amazing husband and his creation it might not be 100% COVID proof but since we keep our distance and each of them don't move from their space without a face mask we are as safe as we can be for a few hours


It was a bit hard to do a safe distance photo of all of us but here we are all. The birthday ladies are in the center


Back in August I sent a card to the ones I hadn't seen since March to let them know I was hoping we could meet soon as Bret had said he was working on a project and these are the cards I sent them. For all cards I stamped words background stamp by Local King with amalgam ink whisper 2-3 times depending on the color of the cardstock I just wanted a hint of the image but enough that you could see; for all the mask I used marina mist taffeta ribbon by SU and mounted with a cotton ball in the center to keep it from flatting

For this card I used distress oxide peeled paint with life changing brush to frame my message which was printed from share sunshine SU PDF

For this card I used distress oxide scattered straw with life changing brush to frame my message which was printed from share sunshine SU PDF


and for this card I used distress oxide broken china with life changing brush to frame my message which was printed from share sunshine SU PDF






 

2 comments:

  1. first time I have checked your blog Yara love what Bret has done witht he table and the mask themed cards are brilliant ... Maxine xx

    ReplyDelete