Monday, November 2, 2020

Feliz Día de Muertos

 Today is Day of the Death, day to celebrate the loved ones that had moved on to we hope a better life. In Mexico is a big celebration and in recent years in the US I have been able to see many dies and stamps for the occasion well skulls mainly not everything that we used for the celebrations as I still would like to find a nice die for faux papel picado but no such luck and I just can't make any small enough for a card tried and didn't work out so well. For this year I used the stamp by Card Craft Stamps sugar skull. I stamped it 3 times twice as HA intense black TO ME is not a dark ink, tuxedo black wasn't either but it was the only ink when we started with alcohol markers so we didn't have a choice now I have like 10 choices and I still don't like neither but since I was stamping  multiple times I couldn't come back with VersaFine Clair nocturne after I was done coloring as I have been doing because two images would not be align exactly the same way as I just eyeball where to stamp in my card panel. When I was done I decided to add some ink so I masked my skulls and used my Altenew ergonomic brush to add some seedless preserves oxide ink, mounted on a black layer and then mounted on my base. The message is from HA's sugar skulls set with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink



No comments:

Post a Comment