Saturday, September 21, 2019

Stampin Up Workshop

Today I attended a workshop with two of the local SU demonstrator. We got to do 4 for cards originally it was supposed to be 2 birthday cards and 2 Christmas. I wasn't in the mood for Christmas since fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving are around the corner. I understand that they run a business and with the new holiday catalog they have to promote the new stuff and they don't have to consider us people that have to actually think about the holidays that are right in front of us or maybe it's just me because I can't think of Christmas other than in July or November if I still need to make more cards that I can't think of working on cards any other time even if my mailing list is big and Christmas is my favorite holiday. I'm one of those people that hate that stores start with Christmas decoration and music before Thanksgiving!! just because they have to sell the Christmas things doesn't mean they have to decorate or play Christmas music before that is just me.

Anyway, here are the cards we made which ended up being two Christmas cards, one fall birthday and one fall thank you. All supplies are SU. This first card was provided by Luci. We sponged crushed curry, real red and rich razzleberry ink on so saffron cardstock -I think LOL forgot already then we cut out of the stampin' cut & emboss friendly silhouettes die then the pond weed, I know there's a name for it but can't remember it, were colored with early espresso stampin write marker, the dragonflies are from friend like you set stamped with early espresso ink and die cut with the matching die above. The pearls were colored with dark rich razzleberry stampin blend


Not sure who provided this card. We  used purple posy ink for the snowflakes out of the frosted foliage set and basic gray for the message, the frame as well as the snowflakes were die cut out of the matching die from the stampin' cut & emboss frosted frames dies, the rhinestones were colored with dark purple posi stampin blend.  I believe the DSP is feels like frost specialty 6" x 6" pack


This card was provided by Dar. We used layering ovals framelits dies and Merry Christmas to all set with cherry cobbler ink, for the flags I used my banner triple punch just because it was easier than using scissors 😊 the DSP was wrapped in plaid 6" x 6" pack


And last but not least again don't know who provided this card. We embossed the layer with subtle dynamic textured impressions embossing folder, the thanks is from well written framelits dies, the leaf was stamp with pear pizzazz from colorful season set and then all leaves were cut with matching dies seasonal layers thinlits, the rectangles were cut from the rectangle stitched framelits dies, the whisper white flax ribbon was supposed to be colored with mint macaron but I skipped that step. I did add the natural twine from a past paper pumpkin as to me it needed something to anchor the leaves. The DSP is from come to gather 12" x 12" pack


No comments:

Post a Comment