Monday, June 5, 2017

New SU catalog Kick-off

Yesterday I attended a SU workshop with two of the local demonstrators for the reveal of the new catalog that started on Thursday. We had 4 project using mostly new products.

This first card was using High tide and thoughts & prayers sets and seasonal layers thinlits dies, and one of the new paper packs. Inks dapper denim, crumb cake, always artichoke and soft suede, this last one with dauber just to add shadow on the beach chair and for the water/sky we used the foam brayer which actually was kind of cool, easy on the hand and didn't leave the marks where the brayer landed but left some texture that being sky and water was great.


For this second card, no stamping involved. We use all of the new in-colors and the happy birthday thinlits die as well as the new glitter enamel dots. White Baker's Twine, a quick and easy card.


For this third card, most of the things were done for us, well the squares were done for us which were cut from the stitched shapes thinlits dies, I did have to cut my medallion but that was pretty easy, you do have to clip it off as it doesn't get cut all the way out on purpose so you can use it a part of your card if you wanted. For my message I didn't like any from the available set, not that they weren't nice but the ones that fit the circle I didn't care for and the others were too small so I waited until I got home and used one of my sets which was party pants SAB set with tuxedo black, we also used basic black Baker's Twine. I mounted my black layer on foam as well as my medallion.


The fourth card I didn't finish at all. My OCD clicked on and I just couldn't do it so still working thinking on how can I do it :0) it was using at home framelits and at home with you set and Mediterranean moments set, will show the card when and if I ever finish it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment