Saturday, June 17, 2017

Dia del Padre

Tomorrow is Father's day in Mexico like it is here and this is the card I made my dad. I was having a hard time getting a card made for him as I had been working on digital scrapbooking so creative block but do like what I did for him and hope he did too

For the top piece, I used postage stamps embossing folder by The Paper Studio; the circles were die cut from stitched circles dies by The Stamps of Life, I did a little partial die cutting where the tires are. I added a little Copic Marker on the base of the tires to anchor them...the car is from 1900 cars set by Sparkle N Sprinkle stamped in tuxedo black


the Pensando (thinking) is from Happy to be friends Spanish sentiments set by CTMH stamped in tuxedo black the rest of the message is from el mejor papa del mundo SU's set also stamped in tuxedo black


Since the kids wouldn't be able to come tomorrow or next Friday to celebrate Bret we were having them over today and for my place card I made a toolbox being that Bret is my handy man and Josh is also good with his hands. I used hardwood background stamp by SU with ground espresso ink and word window punch to do the tool box. For the tools I used SU's build it framelits and Fiskars fancy scissors and for the name, I use Memory Box man tools steel die

Bret's, of course, had to be different since we were celebrating his birthday as well as father's day. All messages were stamped with tuxedo black and the names I hand-wrote them. The happy is part of a message by Endless Creations; birthday is from a Papertrey ink set December birthdays; happy father's day is from My Sentiments exactly!


They all had this with their name


All toolboxes were the same in size and all included the chocolate


Josh's was also a little different, just on the message since he now join the dad's club


and the rest just had this message which is from Taylored Expressions set light up the night


No comments:

Post a Comment