Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Father's Day

Today is Father's day in Mexico as well as here in the States. We celebrated Bret yesterday with the kids but didn't give him his card until today :0)

Bret is my handy man...he's my plummer, carpenter, electrician, mechanic, exterminator, gardener and pretty much anything I need on his free time or emergencies LOL so of course when I saw the card at The Crafty Spa I knew I had to make him one of those cards. I pretty much did like the tutorial but I changed the bottom piece and my "table" since I wasn't mailing I decided to give it more stability

I used by SU hardwood stamp and build it framelits, the messages are by Art Impressions and Memory Box and I also used my fancy deckle scissors by Fiskars

This is the front view...I used cork background paper / DSP for the area where my tools where hanging and since technically they look like flying on the board is a magnetic cork LOL


this is a view from a above


view of the table, his work table is always messy with tools and stuff so decided to put some screws and nuts along with the message so it would look a little more like his table :0)


his tools are actually either black or blue not wood but I already had some leftover paper so decided to use it up :0)


for the saw is where I use the deckle scissors as the die cuts it straight and a real saw blade is not straight it has "teeth" so thought this was more realistic. Amanda had a mixer as a drill but since I didn't have anything that could work for that had to skip that tool for now and that is one we use all the time so will have to see if I can find something like that for next time I make him a card


this sure was fun to make and since I love fancy fold card this is totally 3D

No comments:

Post a Comment