Monday, May 29, 2017

Happy Memorial Day

For a lot of people today is the last day of the long weekend, the beginning of summer although technically summer doesn't start for almost another month, since in a lot of places schools is out or almost out, and finally, weather is getting better, it's easy to make it the transition from one season to the other just like they do on Labor Day :0) Anyway they forget the actual reason for the 3 day weekend.

I was checking once on what was the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day because sometimes was confusing to me, not because I didn't know, as Mexican, we were thought the difference between both not always remember everything we learned at school but some people around me always seemed to make it as if it was the same both days and surprisingly even though both days are dedicated to the men and women that served our country they are both different.

Memorial Day is for those men and women killed in the line of duty, in action, that gave their lives WHILE serving and protecting us, while doing the job they signed up for. Veterans Day in the other hand is for ALL men and women who had served in any branch of the armed forces, so even though both days are to honor military people they are both very different :0) We should always be thankful for their service especially to those that still are serving, not to forget their families that also have to sacrifice while their loved ones are serving and for those that lost someone. I personally would add police and fire department on my list of people to be thankful for as they both put their lives on the line for our safety but that's just me :0)

And now, this is the card I made to honor them. I used the recent stamp set released by The Greeting Farm called American Heroes. I stamped the message with Memento dual markers Danube blue and lady bug and the people I stamped with Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic Marker. I just wanted to color one of them so picked just one, even though they're all important I was too lazy to color them all :0) without looking I put my finger on one and this one was my lucky one :0) The set has 3 men and 3 women but in general, it's supposed to represent all 5 armed forces Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Army and Coast Guard and 6 messages to go with it. Nice set but would have been better if the people were a little bigger :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment