Friday, November 21, 2014

tiny cards

Long post with lots of samples :0)

A couple weeks ago we had a Sunday Tip or Technique that was making little cards out of scraps. When I first saw this challenge it thought I couldn't do this as I don't keep scraps anymore. Since I re-organized my craft room I toss away anything smaller than 3.5 x 5, yes sometimes I feel bad about tossing paper to the recycle bag BUT I had the bad habit of pulling a full sheet instead of digging on the scrap boxes, anyway we were told we could also use full sheets but the challenge was meant to use up scraps.
Over a year ago I had too many scraps (2 boxes) so decided to work on cards using ONLY those scraps, I  did use a full sheets for the base card in the bigger size BUT mostly were the scraps, most cards were not bigger than 3" or 3.5" x 5. The main reason was because I use a lot of 12x12 paper and when you cut off 8.5" x 11" you have a 3.5" x 12 piece left over which is perfect for these little note cards. I also had a bunch of paper that were 4 x 5.25 or 4.25 x 5.5 which I folded in half and ended up with tiny notecards...about 2.5" x 4" or 2.75" x 4.25"
Some of the cards were the same design BUT in different colors. It was fun and was the first time I did that. Normally when I do multiple cards are 98% identical :0) At the end I ended up making more than 300 cards most of them were donated, A lot I kept for thank you cards as you never have enough specially when my birthday & Christmas is coming up :0) as I like to send thank you cards for the people that took time to send me a card and/or gift.
For my online friends from Yahoo Groups I only post a thank you email as well as people I have their email address not because they are not important but I get an average of 50 birthday cards and double the Christmas cards and not always my health permits me to work on cards BUT I do want to let them know I received their cards.
I send hundreds of cards a year other than the Yahoo groups that cards are counted and a few other people say "thank you I got your card" the rest never take the time to let me know so I don't know if I wasted my time and postage because they didn't get it or maybe they just don't think it matters, I do consider the cards I sent a RAK (Random Art of Kindness) so don't expect anything in return but is always nice to know the cards I mailed got to their destination. I HATE when people move expecting their 6 months to a year expiration at the PO to let me know of their new address which by then my postage was wasted so after a few times I decided to remove from my mailing list EVERYONE that do not send me their change of address figure they don't want my cards as there is 100% chance they were going to get mail from me :0) I only changed address 4 times in my life and the moment I moved I let everyone know my new address, you never know when someone would want to send me something or stop by if they were coming to my city.

Any way these are some of the cards I did with the scraps which are great for any occassion


















These other cards were mostly between 4" x 4" or regular A2 size but I used the scraps for the punch art or main part of card














 Thanks for reading and looking at ALL the samples hope it inspire you to work on little note cards using your scraps :0)

2 comments:

  1. Yara, great idea! I always enjoy your thank-you cards. They totally brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jeannean. It was fun making all these different cards :0)

    ReplyDelete