Monday, November 17, 2014

Fancy fold classes

November 7 & 8 was the Creative Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention in Bellevue WA. We normally only go one day, Saturday, unless my birthday falls on that day :0) anyway for the first time since we started going to that show we took some classes as for the most part most classes have always been scrapbooking and none of us are into that. All 3 classes were making 3 fancy folds cards and pretty much we did finish them. Surprisingly when I register for the classes it said it was fast-paced/advanced class which I thought was great. All classes were one hour, they had timed each card so after so many minutes we switch to the next card and then after so many minute to the last card. If there was time left you could finished whatever you hadn't done.
I like this...I know we all have to start somewhere and taking classes is a great way to learn BUT I think we all should know our limitations...what I mean is if you know you're a slow card maker then you shouldn't sign up for classes at shows because more likely you'll slow the rest of the people, at least at the other classes I've taken the instructor wants everyone to be at the same pace and if some are slower we don't move on and we barely end up making one card and then we take home supplies for one or two more. I think the classes are pretty expensive $30+ to just make one card even if we get freebies which technically we paid for those freebies :0) any way just my 2 cents as always :0)

The first class was with Stephanie Barnard of The Stamps of Life. All supplies were either Sizzix or hers. For the most part all pieces were provided pre-cut but we did have to do just a few things like on this one we stamped and cut the felt
This first view is flat as you would mail.

This is standing front view

This is the inside view

On this second card we did the embossing and stamping as well as die cut the center




This last card we also did the stamping. This is the flat card


this is the back view

The next class was Easy pop-up cards by Dollar Scrapbook using Elizabeth Crafts Design,again all supplies were pre-cut. We did everything except color and I did some stamping

We used peel-off stickers on shimmer paper so it doesn't show much on the photo. I colored the black part with Copic markers


For the bees I also use my Copic markers and I used a Savvy Stamp that says Hello with trail



This one the bench die is my favorite but the card itself my least favorite...just because I didn't care too much about the papers, also it was the easier of all as we didn't have to color or anything...I just stamped the message and added some leaves to follow the tree design --sorry not a closer look but somehow they kept being blurry :0(



And the last class was easy Pivot cards also by Dollar Scrapbooking and using Elizabeth Crafts Designs. Once again we had all papers pre-cut and we had to do the coloring which I did with Copic markers plus I did some stamping

On this card I didn't like how the front was too plain so I stamped SU gorgeous grunge and part of a stamp by Savvy Stamps...the stamp said just saying hello so worked out perfectly since the inside said hello



This one I didn't follow instructions just because I thought it was too much work the way they wanted us to do it and it ended up having the same view as their card but less work :0) I'm not much of a following instructions person anyway LOL




and the last card which was the easiest as there wasn't anything extra to do...I just stamped the message

I decided to add the small butterfly on the message part instead on one of the butterflies


All in all I like all 3 classes mostly because I love fancy fold cards. I remember when we had to do the marking and cutting and now we just have to use a die and it does the cutting, scoring plus all the extra layers to decorate :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment