Sunday, November 16, 2014

Stampin' Up

Today I attended another SU workshop we did 3 fancy fold card in winter/Christmas theme. I really do not try to change the cards I make at workshops or classes but seems like I always end up doing something different :0) Figure since it's my sample I can just go ahead a change so if/when I re-do cards they're the way I would like it better :0) As I have always say YOU NEED TO MAKE THE BEST WORK on these sample cards and NEVER SAY IT'S JUST A SAMPLE. In my case if the card is not the best I wouldn't save as sample.

The first card we did was a side step card as usual I did my steps on the opposite side. I always follow the first score line, that is what tells me where the step will go :0)
Besides the steps on the left side I also decided to do layers on the "snow" which made me add a different glitter paper as I didn't have the new SU silver shimmer paper. Also on the wreath instead of coloring the "berries" I added tiny red jewels by Memory Box

This is how it would come out of the envelope

This is standing on its own. I used 5 trees on the front layer instead of 4 and then on the second layer I used another tree and the original card didn't have it. I didn't stick the house in the center so I had a little space and the tree fit perfectly plus it gave it bit more color

Here you can see how the snow has two loops. I did the loops with a My Favorite Things Dienamic dies

This second card besides being a card it holds a gift card. Again I did my card different as following the fold my snowflake ended up in the bottom instead of the top. Also I added a jewel on each "snowflake"

This is how it would come out of the envelope

standing on its own

This is how it looks flat

And last but not least is a double gate fold or altered gate fold. On both sides under the stars it's glimmer paper

Standing without the belly band. Since I stamped my message a little too high I used only one of the stars on top of message and the gold star I put it as if it was on the snow just to cover the big empty space

although it wasn't totally empty as we were to draw a snow loop...which I traced with the same die as the first card. I matched one side and the other side and looks like it was a continuation and since I'm pretty bad at free hand curvy things the die was perfect also the snowman was supposed to be on the other side of the tree BUT since I centered the tree I thought it had more area on the right side instead of left

The reason I always seem to make my folds the opposite side is because when there is a score line the bumpy part would go under. Hope you can see the difference on these two score lines. The first line was score with the wording side up, the second score line was done with the wording side down. I know some times the scores lines are all done on the same side so either I re-score or I pick the top or bottom as my starting point. Anyway, Martha Steward and Gina K had said many years ago that this is the right way to fold scored paper so that's how I have been doing it for many years and it works for me, even if people say I do cards backwards :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment