Monday, November 24, 2014

Bulls eye

I don't remember if it was last week's Sunday tip or technique or the week before but the tutorial was Deb Valder's bullseye card.. I don't have SU's circle dies to see the size in circles and although I do have Spellbinders dies I decided to use my Brother Scan N Cut machine to make my card.
I was able to cut the two white pieces together and the two brown pieces together and then the ornaments. Also I made it bigger than A2...about 5.75" x 5" just because I don't have to make my cards regular size :0) I have tried to plan my cards ahead BUT seems like no matter what I always do my coloring and main part then I pick papers and size :0) after I'm done I worry about envelopes.
I just got this stamp set so decided to kill two birds with one stone...use a new set plus the technique, I decided on the ornament as it was easier to cut...the SNC machine wouldn't recognized the pine cone and it's hard to fuzzy cut :0).

This is the view when you get it out the envelope

Personally I didn't think Deb's card was as pretty on the inside as it was on the outside ONLY because her inside layers were too short (4" x 4") and looked like was short of paper; anyway my two middle layers were about 4" x 4" but the layer that you see inside was about 4-3/8" x 5-1/4" giving about 1/4" even border frame so other than the hole it's just like another layer

I pretty much follow the designed from the front to the inside

I used about 1/16" brown border on bottom layer

No comments:

Post a Comment