Saturday, November 8, 2014

Stampin' Up TLC

I attended another SU workshop Christmas cards only. We made 10 cards BUT I messed up one so haven't been able to finish it Seems like other than the demonstrator no one else that I know has that set. (the Get your Santa on page 30)
As always I did a changes. Except for a couple stamps everything else is from current catalogs

Since my hands were bad at the time my friend Darlene did all the stamping, embossing and die cutting for me so I could make the cards when I was able so a big THANK YOU!

On this card we were supposed to use staples for the ribbon and to make the pocket BUT I don't like how the staples looks so I punched a little hole on the white piece and then inserted the ribbon, if you see the back of the tag there is no ribbon through, I added a strip of 1/8" scor tape on both sides to make the pocket. Also the trees were aligned differently

This is one of the message stamps that I couldn't find in the catalogs so probably is not from a current set or I was blind and just didn't see it :0)


This one instead of sequins that I don't like, I added the rhinestones. Didn't find the background stamp on the right.


My original piece was stamped once on scrap paper then on the card stock then stamped the "leaves" on green and finally the berries with the same first color. Since the green didn't show much I tried to "fix" it and screwed it up so I redid it but I stamped the wreath on card stock and the leaves and berries were stamped on vellum so you can actually see the difference in colors :0) I wasn't very satisfied with the outcome as the ink on vellum ran a bit I either have to embossed or make sure to dry with heat gun for longer time or something. For sure it does have to be stamped differently otherwise you can't see the wreath and leaves nicely

We were supposed to add glitter glue to the pine cones BUT I use Radiant rain shimmer ICE mist so only in person you can see the shimmer


This one of course I use my Copic markers


This one was supposed to be a knot but didn't notice on time and since I had already hassle with the bow I left it. Also the message I attached on bottom instead of under ribbon


I added one of the gorgeous grunge stamps on the left side but didn't like it that much


So I did another with out. Also the original didn't have the strip of background paper but it just needed a little something so added that




The last card for now was also colored with Copic Markers of course, and added some pearls for the berries and eye


No comments:

Post a Comment