Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Second Day of Christmas

On this Second day of Christmas I show you a card I made from the Free Saturday workshop with Bridget, one of the challenges was 6x6, winter wonderland, Santa and then she picked number 101 on the color cube by Sarah Renae Clark which was beige, teal, mint gray, bondi blue & dark blue. I really wasn't into Christmas but to create the card grabbed a layer of white then using wintry forest stencils by Pinkfresh Studio with the color combo as closed as I could get to them so started with Tim Holtz distress ink old paper for the beige, Memento dew drop teal zeal for the teal, Altenew crisp dye inks for the rest of the colors volcano lake for mint gray, winter lake for bondi blue and finally azurite for dark blue. Then die cut layer with double stitched rectangle die by Kat Scrappiness then cover with double sided adhesive and then cover with a used dryer sheet then mounted to a layer of navy that was die cut with Cindy Echtinaw Designs Card Creator Perfect Layers A and then mounted to an A2 card base Recollections 110 lb. white cardstock. For the Santa used 4 layers of just the Santa and one reindeer from Christmas magic slimline series coordinating die set by Trinity Stamps and ran Spectrum Noir sparkle Crystal clear glitter brush all over it.


When I finished the card realized I forgot the little detail it was 6x6 so had to come up with another idea. Normally don't add messages until I need the card and for this card since it was going for someone that spoke English I picked a message from my stash which I colored with whatever ink I had in my blending brushes



2 comments: