Saturday, July 9, 2022

Create & Connect 5

I joined the Pinkfresh Studio Create & Connect online event in May. It was a two day event with 3 classes on Saturday and 2 classes on Sunday plus a demo. Each class included 2 cards except for the watercolor class that was just the technique. Also, there was a make & take on each class. 

I decided to watch the classes and then work on my cards so at the end I did my own thing but trying to follow the class idea. In some I did change a bit others a lot but guess that's where our creativity comes in place. I didn't follow their colors because well I didn't use their inks so I did what I was feeling at the moment. For 4 classes I used Altenew crisp dye inks and the one that was supposed to be watercolor since I don't do watercolor I used distress oxide inks

The fifth and last class was with Angela Simpson with summer blooms bundle. This bundle included layered stencils and dies. 

For the second card, started by die cutting essentials mini slimline frames 3 times and gluing them together for dimension, when you cut the big frame a center piece comes out and I used that as a layer I used scraps under to lift it up as originally, I was going to glue flat but didn’t like it and didn’t want to die cut more frames just to get that piece LOL used Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock for top layer and scrap cardstock for the bottom layers. Added my pieces flat. For all I used Altenew crisp dye inks. Long leaves: tropical forest collection olive, moss; Little flower: pocketful of sunshine collection maple yellow & red cosmos collection ruby red and pocketful of sunshine collection maple yellow & enchanted garden collection hydrangea; Flowers: green valley collection shadow creek, glacier caves collection Persian blue

Message is from let’s flamingle stamp set with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink and finally embellished with some clear iridescent drops





2 comments:

  1. Great card...so bright & cheerful and classy! So many possibilities for this layout too!

    ReplyDelete