Thursday, July 7, 2022

Create & Connect 4 make & take

I joined the Pinkfresh Studio Create & Connect online event in May. It was a two day event with 3 classes on Saturday and 2 classes on Sunday plus a demo. Each class included 2 cards except for the watercolor class that was just the technique. Also, there was a make & take on each class. 

I decided to watch the classes and then work on my cards so at the end I did my own thing but trying to follow the class idea. In some I did change a bit others a lot but guess that's where our creativity comes in place. I didn't follow their colors because well I didn't use their inks so I did what I was feeling at the moment. For 4 classes I used Altenew crisp dye inks and the one that was supposed to be watercolor since I don't do watercolor I used distress oxide inks

The fourth class was with Manushree Mishra and was with handpicked flowers Bundle. This bundle included stamp set, layered stencils and dies. Manushree only taught the watercolor technique but I don't do watercolor so I decided to do no line coloring with Distress Oxide inks for the class card. The make & take was done by someone other than who did the class.

For my make & take since I hadn't used the stamp set I decided to use it. I die cut first again on a piece of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock, seems I have better luck with die cutting and stamping or stenciling afterwards, can't seem to align the image the other way I did re-stamped again when I was done just to make the black brighter. After I stamped my image with VersaFine Clair nocturne I set aside and then decided that since none of the cards have use the hot foil plate as it was meant to me I would use it that way as I do have the Glimmer Hot Foil System, used the freebie gold foil roll to do the foil with the coordinating hot foil plate geo arch on Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock after I foiled it, die cut it with Cindy Echtinaw Designs Card Creator Perfect Layers A and mounted it to an A2 card base of Recollections 110 lb. white cardstock. Then I did my layering stencils, Leaves: lucky clover, cracked pistachio; Flowers 1: shaded lilac, wilted violet; Flowers 2: squeezed lemonade, scattered straw; Flowers 3: spun sugar, saltywater taffy; Flowers 4: fired brick

Then die cut 3 more layers and glued them together for dimension and mounted all to card base. These message: delight in the now and (I) just love what you do were foil die cut sentiments gifts from my friend from Scrapbook.com



This one is from Glimmer hot foil plate Yana Smakula’s Sentiments by Spellbinders since it’s tiny or too thin it was sort of getting lost on the flowers so I added some vellum which I cut with lg oval punch by SU


and then left this other blank to use for what I needed



No comments:

Post a Comment