Friday, July 8, 2022

Create & Connect 5

I joined the Pinkfresh Studio Create & Connect online event in May. It was a two day event with 3 classes on Saturday and 2 classes on Sunday plus a demo. Each class included 2 cards except for the watercolor class that was just the technique. Also, there was a make & take on each class. 

I decided to watch the classes and then work on my cards so at the end I did my own thing but trying to follow the class idea. In some I did change a bit others a lot but guess that's where our creativity comes in place. I didn't follow their colors because well I didn't use their inks so I did what I was feeling at the moment. For 4 classes I used Altenew crisp dye inks and the one that was supposed to be watercolor since I don't do watercolor I used distress oxide inks

The fifth and last class was with Angela Simpson with summer blooms bundle. This bundle included layered stencils and dies.  

For the first card, started by die cut cover plate die geo tiles on Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 100 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock then die cut the coordinating cuts die gazebo twice on Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 100 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock. Decided to leave the “door” in to cover the edges of the stems which were added flat. For all I used Altenew crisp dye inks

Sun: pocketful of sunshine collection maple yellow, honey drizzle, warm and cozy collection orange cream; Clouds: silver lake; Long leaves: green fields collection frayed leaf, forest glades; Flowers: tropical forest collection olive, enchanted garden collection hydrangea



No comments:

Post a Comment