Friday, July 1, 2022

Create & Connect 3

I joined the Pinkfresh Studio Create & Connect online event in May. It was a two day event with 3 classes on Saturday and 2 classes on Sunday plus a demo. Each class included 2 cards except for the watercolor class that was just the technique. Also, there was a make & take on each class. 

I decided to watch the classes and then work on my cards so at the end I did my own thing but trying to follow the class idea. In some I did change a bit others a lot but guess that's where our creativity comes in place. I didn't follow their colors because well I didn't use their inks so I did what I was feeling at the moment. For 4 classes I used Altenew crisp dye inks and the one that was supposed to be watercolor since I don't do watercolor I used distress oxide inks

The third class was with Heather Hoffman with butterfly garden bundle. This bundle included stamp set, layered stencils which you needed otherwise the whole was not showing completely and dies. 

For the second card, we were supposed to puzzle the pieces as they came out of the die in two different dimensions and filling with iridescent clear drops but I didn't like it as it was like some of the stems were flying so first used the stitched plate by Concord & 9th quilted card front die then arranged the top images as they were coming from my message and the bottom images from the bottom of the card. They all had different dimensions some had 2 layers some 3 others 4. The message is from Scripty sayings stamp set by Lawn Fawn cut with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink die cut from die in glimmer hot foil plate everyday sentiments II by Spellbinders mounted with foam and finally some clear iridescent drops

Once again, these layered stencils don’t do the whole thing so you need the stamp to finish the flowers and the butterflies. I did the stenciling first and stamped after with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink and then die cut.

Used Altenew crisp dye ink Butterflies: rock gray collection pure graphite, green fields collection jet black, red cosmos collection ruby red, red sunset collection velvet; Leaves: green fields collection frayed leaf, forest glades; Flowers: cool summer night collection ocean waves, dusk


EDITED

This is what it would have look if I have done the puzzle




2 comments:

  1. Not sure I understand all those instructions you were given, but the card is cheery and delightful! Too bad the Glimmer gold doesn't show up in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have put a photo of what it would be the puzzle if that is what you mean Marilyn. Not sure what you meant about the glimmer as I didn't use any on this card.

    ReplyDelete