Sunday, July 10, 2022

Create & Connect 5 make & take

I joined the Pinkfresh Studio Create & Connect online event in May. It was a two day event with 3 classes on Saturday and 2 classes on Sunday plus a demo. Each class included 2 cards except for the watercolor class that was just the technique. Also, there was a make & take on each class. 

I decided to watch the classes and then work on my cards so at the end I did my own thing but trying to follow the class idea. In some I did change a bit others a lot but guess that's where our creativity comes in place. I didn't follow their colors because well I didn't use their inks so I did what I was feeling at the moment. For 4 classes I used Altenew crisp dye inks and the one that was supposed to be watercolor since I don't do watercolor I used distress oxide inks

The fifth and last class was with Angela Simpson with summer blooms bundle. This bundle included layered stencils and dies. The make & take was done by someone other than who did the class. I forgot to check the make and take card so did an extra layer with my own colors just like always LOL and then realized that it was supposed to be rainbow colors so I added a rainbow on it instead.

For my take on the make and take started by die cutting a piece of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock with Cindy Echtinaw Designs Card Creator Perfect Layers A then I die cut on scrap cardstock the color block rainbow stand alone die cuts to use as a stencil and without reinking my mini blending brushes added purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, pink & red; then die cut the coordinating cuts die gazebo twice on Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 100 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock. I decided to leave all but the “door”. For the sun I die cut extras for dimension but the leaves I left flat. Used Altenew crisp die inks Sun: pocketful of sunshine collection maple yellow, honey drizzle, warm and cozy collection orange cream; Long leaves: green meadows collection sweet leaf, just green. To embellish used primary sample pack Diamond Dotz freestyle white



No comments:

Post a Comment