Saturday, July 2, 2022

Create & Connect 3 make & take

I joined the Pinkfresh Studio Create & Connect online event in May. It was a two day event with 3 classes on Saturday and 2 classes on Sunday plus a demo. Each class included 2 cards except for the watercolor class that was just the technique. Also, there was a make & take on each class. 

I decided to watch the classes and then work on my cards so at the end I did my own thing but trying to follow the class idea. In some I did change a bit others a lot but guess that's where our creativity comes in place. I didn't follow their colors because well I didn't use their inks so I did what I was feeling at the moment. For 4 classes I used Altenew crisp dye inks and the one that was supposed to be watercolor since I don't do watercolor I used distress oxide inks

The third class was with Heather Hoffman with butterfly garden bundle. This bundle included stamp set, layered stencils which you needed otherwise the whole was not showing completely and dies. The make & take was done by someone other than who did the class.

For my make & take I decided to use all my left over pieces from the previous two cards. I started by die cutting essentials mini slimline frame 3 times and gluing them together for dimension. Then I cut a slim line layer of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock and added some Altenew crisp dye ink sea shore collection mountain mist then glued the frame and mounted to a slim line card base 3-1/8” x 6-1/8” of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 120 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock then arranged all the leftover stamped pieces I had which were two butterflies and greenery. Stamped the message from the set and die cut the big message and finally some added clear iridescent drops

Once again, these layered stencils don’t do the whole thing so you need the stamp to finish the flowers and the butterflies. I did the stenciling first and stamped after with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink and die cut.

Used Altenew crisp dye inks Butterflies: rock gray collection pure graphite, green fields collection jet black, red cosmos collection ruby red, sunset collection velvet; Leaves: sea shore collection volcano lake, lagoon




No comments:

Post a Comment