Saturday, June 15, 2019

Feliz Día del Padre

Father's day in Mexico is the same day as in the States. The card I made my dad was inspired by something Jennifer McGuire did a while ago with a puzzle die. Growing up my dad was always doing puzzles and playing memory games sometimes with us sometimes alone it was his way of keeping his mind sharp so that's what got me the idea of making him this card. 

This was the original card I posted that was unfinished card


This is what the card would be all put together


and this is without the puzzle pieces. Because it was a little difficult I decided to stamp the puzzle to make it easier, yes it's cheating but at the end it shouldn't be so hard to see your own birthday card 😊 so although I wanted him to work at it didn't want him to struggle



this is how my dad is getting his card plus a note saying he has to put together his own card to see be able to see it.


I used The Stamps of Life set lighthouse2stamp with Gina K amalgam ink jet black ink (like 4 times to get a nice black ink) and coordinating die to mask. I colored the lighthouse with Copic Markers, the background was done with my Copic airbrush system and some blending tool and broken China. The words are from Guy greetings SU's set but the Spanish version Saludos entre amigos by SU with Gina K amalgam ink jet black. The die I stamped with London fog as I just wanted a light image

No comments:

Post a Comment