Friday, April 26, 2019

Homework Day 2

Continuing with my homework, the second class was about stencils. I really don't own many stencils back in the day when we did the dry embossing I have a lot of brass stencils but then it became hard on my hands so unless I could used them with my die cut machine I wasn't using them and I did use them with the Zip-E-Mate perfect sandwich but then that was hard on my hand so switch to the Vagabond that is electric and the sandwiches are harder to accomplish so don't use them anymore, anyway the plastic stencils I only got mainly for background for my Copic airbrush system so I could do a little background like sky, grounds, bricks and or maybe some other technique I saw. Looking through my plastic stencils picked these to do my homework

I guess this will qualify as the beginner level. Not a lot of Altenew supplies, the stencil is Penny Black it's sun catcher used blending tool to applied inks and used lavender fields and deep iris for highlights, olive for the stems. The thank you is from majestic blooms Altenew set with deep iris


This would be intermediate level. Using two stencils one detail these stencils are by Memory Box, butterfly drifting and butterfly vine again used blending tool to applied inks originally I had applied wisteria on the first stencil but when I applied the detail stencil with Andromeda you couldn't see much of the wisteria so I had to go back and reapplied the butterfly drifting stencil with pink diamond. The message is from Altenew's kind words set with Andromeda ink


The advance level was using paste or any other medium with the stencils and for my card I used a stencil by Recollections. I mixed my paste with distress oxide reinker seedless preserves, the message is from kind words Altenew's set with seedless preserve ink


Making these cards specially the last one reminded me why I don't work with stencils, ink and paste way too messy. A lot better using the airbrush system LOL


Thank you Justine for challenging me with the homework to do things I don't like. 

Have never posted anything on social media other than here in my blog so hope I'm doing this right
 #Altenew #AltenewAcademy #ProgressiveCardmakingClass


No comments:

Post a Comment