Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Homework Day 1

I decided to take one of the Altenew classes, Progressive Card Making,  it's a six day class with Justine Hovey. Each class has a 3 levels beginners, intermediate and advance. The first class was stamping. For what I understood we had homework after each class  not really sure what the homework is but I'm guessing is play with what the class was about either one or all of the levels, IF we wanted of course since being adults who is going to  force us to play

The "beginner" part guess I do it a lot as to me is more of clean and simple style but I understand as an instructor you can say it's a beginner way of making a card and they may not do many of this type of cards but personally I love making these cards. Don't consider myself an expert by all means as I believe we all have something to learn every day specially in card making but I sure don't consider myself a beginner for making this type of cards 😊
I used my stamping tool to make my card, the sets I used were beautiful day and majestic blooms both by Altenew with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink


For this second card, the stamping was in the intermediate level. I also used my stamping tool. Stamps and inks are by Altenew. The flower if from lacy scrolls set stamped with soft lilac (hope you can see the shadow stamped) and deep iris inks, the message is from beautiful day set with midnight violet ink. The leaves that are barely seen are from lacy scrolls set with morning frost ink stamped off stamped then stamped off again and stamped again. I wanted a very very light color and straight forward was too dark and stamped off once wasn't enough. My stitched layers were done with MFT stitched rectangle STAX dies. The little drops were done with Nuvo clear


And the advanced level was wet embossing with masking and watercolor coloring none of my favorites the first one is messy and the others just don't care but who likes homework? no one but we all do it so I so I finished a project with wet embossing unfortunately not all stamping is with Altenew stamps the doily is hello doily by SU embossed with VersaMark and white embossing powder and for the watercolor I used Pearl Ex-press watercolor palette misty lavender. The message was stamped with sweet plum ink (I should have grab one of the Altenew inks but this one was right on my desk LOL) and the set is kind words by Altenew


inside


Thank you Justine for challenging me with the homework to do things I don't like. 

Have never posted anything on social media other than here in my blog so hope I'm doing this right
 #Altenew #AltenewAcademy #ProgressiveCardmakingClass

No comments:

Post a Comment