Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Faux inlaid

These were cards that went into my donation box. I wanted to do the inlaid technique but after I did the first two cards I decided on this die it was too hard so I did what I called faux inlaid technique as at plain sight it looks the same but I didn't actually do the work :0)

I used SU's flourish thinlits. The message on the white cards is computer generated. So for the first two cards, I actually did the inlaid technique that's why on the white card I didn't finish the leaves :0) For this technique, you die cut your image in one color and then you die cut the same image in other colors and you fill the negative spaces with the other colors. On the first card I cut the flourish out of the white layer and place it on the black panel and the black panel I placed it on the white planel, and all the little bits and pieces of the white panel were put back on white card which was a bit hard so I didn't finish LOL I added some pearls for dimension. On the black card, I actually did finish putting all the bits and pieces and also added the pearls


     

After doing the two cards above, decided it was way too much work as the pieces were too little so what I did was same step as above BUT instead of adding the bits and pieces I added a text weight piece of paper on the back of each card according to their color...on the white panel a white piece on the black panel black, making the look of inlaid but without the work, if you touch the paper all paper is at the same level...the black flourish and white background and white flourish and black background the only dimension are the pearls


     


No comments:

Post a Comment