Sunday, April 23, 2017

Fancy folds

Yesterday I attended a SU workshop where we did 3 fancy fold cards with two of the local SU demonstrators using retiring products

This is the first card we did, we use the nailed it stamp set and matching die, which was my frustration this time around with SU as it was on my wish list but since Bret's birthday and father's day is not until June I thought I had plenty of time to order it as the catalog said it was good until May 31, which means even if it didn't carry over I should be able to order before the catalog expires. But the moment they put it on the retired list it was out of stock,  somehow SU doesn't understand the meaning of "good until certain date". I know I'm a literal person but the "until supplies last" does not cut it when they have "good until", IF they are going to cut production before the expiration of the catalog then they should say that "we will cut production of product when we want so even if the catalog is good until a certain day we won't have item available". For sure it was not until supplies last as there was still time to make more from the time they posted their retired list and the end of the catalog! anyway this is my two cents of frustration with SU not that they ever care what customers think :0)

It's a side step card, most supplies were cut and die cut for us so pretty much all we had to do was put together. We sponge the "drawers" with cherry cobbler, the happy father's day and woodgrain pieces were stamped with early espresso, we also used the new hexagons dynamic textured impressions embossing folder, all the tools were from the die so they were cut twice once with the wood for the handle part and the other with the metallic paper...they had the two pieces cut for us but we had to cut to fit the metal piece, the wood piece was mostly full size.


a closed up of the drawers


a closed up of the side step


This was the second card, this was a frustrated card only because I HATE glue and I always make my intricate die cuts into stickers so I don't have to hassle when gluing I know that for demonstrator would not be cost efficient probably and since they were trying to help by having all the supplies ready as they were having a lot of people on Friday night it would avoid lines at the cutting machine if they had everything precut but personally I rather cut my own so I can cut my way which means adding adhesive on the back of the paper so I don't have to hassle and I always to my best not to waste paper at home and even more at a workshop. I see how other people are wasteful sometimes and always wonder if they're like that with their own supplies or are they like this because they're not theirs supplies and when possible I try to teach them a way to be less wasteful :0) The original card also had a piece of mint macaron with a message but I never saw the punch...classic label so didn't add that to my card. We were to pick our message, the message on the sample was a mother's day but since I have already sent my card for my mom and it's always in Spanish I did my message when I got home using and old hostess set call en marco with mint macaron ink. The dies we used were from stylish stems framelits for the banner/frame and flourish thinlits everything else. Their card had the belly band higher but I decided I liked mine all the way down :0)




Last but not least the last card was a pop-up card. For this card, I would have made my sticker paper again for the confetti.We used birthday blast stamp set and I used tuxedo black with mine they had their basic black but since I alway carry my memento ink I rather use that when it comes to black :0) The confetti along with the pop-up were from the star blast edgelits die, the stars are the ones that come out of the die so instead of wasting them we used them




No comments:

Post a Comment