Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Shoebox Tuesday

For today's shoebox project was a two for one project. Clean and simple cards for any occasion but one of them I made as mother's day as it's approaching.

The first card was using piecing technique. First I stamped the rose from rose wonder set by SU with tuxedo black ink then I cut my rose with the matching die set rose garden and piece together the rose and yes I was lazy and only did the rose as the pieces for the leaves were too little so I colored those with Spectrum Noir markers. The oval was left over still from this shoebox :0) I was thinking about what to do, when I saw the oval so why not used them since they were done and ready just needed a message that would fit there. For my layer, I wanted it to match the sponging on the oval so I sponged the edge of the card with shaded lilac and a perfect match. The message was stamped with tuxedo black and is by Stampendous


After I finished the card above I had the outline of the rose that was too pretty to throw away and of course everyone was going to have one so had to do something with it right? :0) so decided to make another quick card so grabbed the same ink pad shaded lilac sponged inside the petals and my base just as I did before so they would match and picked on of the messages from the set using the same ink and then, of course, needed a little more color so sponged some shabby shutters ink and violĂ  the other quick and simple card was done...ok maybe not so quick but simple :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment