Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Shoebox Tuesday

All my shoebox project are cards I want to do, unless I get a request from one of my friends sometimes they work out well for the project other times not so much, today's was a little more work that normal so not good for Thursday that we have several ladies coming but since today we're just 2-3 people it's easy to do this kind of project as I can see what everyone is doing and be with each one and hopefully before they do something they shouldn't. This project was also one that one of my friends wanted to know how to make for the little grandkids. I didn't really like this set but thought it would be good for fun cards for the uplifting cards I send out and after seeing Frenchie's card it was a must do card...it's not a funny card but it's an interactive card which I like :0)

The first card I did was a bit different than Frenchie as I wanted the door to stay close so I used magnets but couldn't find them locally, ordered some in Amazon but something happened and they canceled my order when they didn't arrive so had to go to plan B

For this card, I used the same supplies as Frenchie just did a few changes...
I used gray cardstock stamped with tuxedo black and sponged with London fog. I added some tiny brads on my hinges and where Frenchie added the star from the urban underground embellishments as a knob I didn't put anything but on the inside is where I put the magnets which you can't see and it keeps the door nicely close but easy to open. I didn't decorate the inside or outside as I have never seen a chicken coop decorated with anything :0)


I colored my chickens from the Hey, chick sale-a-bration set with Copic Markers. The way I aligned my chicken I was only able to get two not all 3 but then again I have never seen chicken standing on each other either but I'm not a farm girl so maybe they do :0) For the chicken wire, I used the stamp that looks like a honeycomb in the butterfly basics set with London fog ink.


After I did the card above, I decided I should do a card more like Frenchie did so the ladies could see the card in a simpler way, so this is the card, but I ended up changing a little because on the card above I mounted the "boards" across and you can't really tell there are two boards so I put one in dimensional plus I make sure there was dimensionals along the bottom, I know my OCD clicking in LOL also, I used a chicken wire stamp by Great Impressions instead of the other stamp was a little more work as it had to be stamps several times with stamp positioner but liked it more



Finally, this was my plan B, since I didn't have the magnets and I wanted something to keep the door close I had to do something, the card itself was pretty much like above...no brads on the hinges same stamps, same coloring BUT I used something I had in my stash as the closure and I'm sure they have a name but I have no idea and since I took them out of their original package to put them in my great storage drawer all I know I got them years ago at Joann.com came in different colors, obviously I picked red because the card base is red and it just matched perfectly :0) the thingies didn't come with brads it was two different embellishments.



I personally prefer using the magnet but not having magnets the last one would be the one to do since I didn't like that the door does not stay close IF you have the card sitting as normally people display the cards but of course that would warranty that the chicks would be seen :0)




No comments:

Post a Comment