Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Crafter's Companion card kit

My girlfriend told me about Spectrum Noir Crafter's Companion card kits so decided to look into to them and got 3 kits but probably won't be getting more that these as I made one and wasn't impress. Guess MY EXPECTATIONS were more. The kit arrived pretty quick which I thought was great but when I open the first kit the base card and one of the layers were wrinkled which I didn't like, maybe other people don't care but I did, so had to cut them to work on the card...when buying a card kit you should have to cut your own paper There was enough main images for two cards but not enough supplies for a second card. Yes after working on the second card I realize that probably the second main images was in case I screwed up or to add to sketch book not for a second card but was too slow to think that way LOL. There was 3 markers and instructions on how to color, and finish card. The images were in their paper but not sure how it was stamped/printed as the ink was bleeding when coloring which was very frustrating also even though I followed their coloring instructions I had a hard time blending...probably it was me not the paper

The sunflower was colored with the markers the kit came with BUT the leaves I use the marker that came in the kit plus two of my markers. Yes this card was all done with Spectrum Noir markers even though I wanted to use my Copic markers :0) rhinestones and ribbon were colored with the kit markers

Since I had the extra image I made the second card. Message is by Heartfelt Creations, ribbon from my stash...unfortunately this ribbon also bled when coloring :0( 

I do like the card just wasn't totally happy with the ink bleeding when coloring and wrinkled papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment