Saturday, January 4, 2014

Stampin' Up Resist me

This weekend I attended a SU workshop with one of the local demostrators. The class was called Resist me. It was nothing new to me, I could say when it comes to the technique itself didn't learn anything new BUT she gave us her tip for making our own shimmer spritz. Which maybe when I run out of the one I bought at Impress I could try making but on the other hand it's just as easy to get a new one. Anyway these are the 4 cards we did. Since it was SU camp all products used were from the current catalog except for the Sale-A-Bration items that are not available yet.

This one she called it reverse masking. I have always known it as masking with post-it notes but we had a template she made. We used her homemade spritzer on this card

This one is the regular masking except that normally I used the mask sheets you buy and she used post-it notes which are cheaper and when they're too messy you just make a new one.The heart I made it out of glimmer paper from Jo-Ann's as I didn't want to use the red glitter glue


This one is crayon resist. She had the clay flowers pre-made so we just had to colored them...very messy thing. Her sample was horizontal but I seem to like the vertical cards better


 and last one was embossing resist this is one technique I don't do unless it's at a class or workshop as I hate embossing power, too messy it gets everywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment