Sunday, January 19, 2014

Impress Valentine's

Yesterday was Impress Valentine demo day. There were 3 tables demoing different things and two make and takes. I didn't get to do any of the make and takes BUT one was using their new note cards of chalk paper and the other was white on white using one of the new dies from Memory Box.

Cindi was demoing several products one of them was this stamp & die by Impression Obsession. It's pretty cool because you can use it like I did on this card or you can just die cut the little hearts with the messages. I have the Cuttlebug embossing folder that has these candies and wanted to have something similar without cutting and even though the size on the folder is bigger than the die it would work great,


This would be one die that I need to play more as the normal sandwich left a mark around the die...if you want the lose hearts it doesn't matter but if you want the negative like on this card at least to me it matters :0)

Annette was demoing elegant cards using embossing folders and dies white on white.
This card was using one of the new Memory Box dies. Just love it. Since their technique was to work white on white I decided to make mine also white on white. They were using  lovely ribbons but I can't seem to find them on Jo-Ann Fabrics or Michaels and I forgot when I went back today to check if they had them at the store anyway here is the card

this view below shows a little more that all the tiny butterflies are 3D and attached to the paper. Guess if you wanted only the butterflies you clip them off as just the body is attached but then you will have to glue them down so might as well just leave them as they are and color individually


The other demos was with Lisa and was inches and twinches using I believe Hero Arts paint.Even though it has a dauber to apply it's a bit messy thing FOR ME so would not be something I'll be using any time soon :0) what I did like was that now they have a "frame" for the inches and you can either use the cut outs as a layer on your inches or use the frame to mount the inches

No comments:

Post a Comment