Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Calendar card

Finally got to play with another of the Sunday technique challenges. This one is a calendar card. The idea was from Lisa Johnson
 http://poppypaperie.typepad.com/poppy_paperie/2011/10/calendar-basics-revisited-1.html

Since I didn't have the tri fold card  I used a 12" x 3.5". On the first one I score at 5", 10", 10-3/4, 11-1/2" and glued the left over 1/2" to the back of card making a triangle. I wanted to use this stamp set as I'm trying to use unused sets or stamps. It was a bit disappointing that the stamp and folder DO NOT match. You would think if they're making a stamp set to go with the embossing folder it would match so you can stamp on top of the embossing



The second card was also with a 12" x 3.5" but the scoring 1/4” 1”, 6”, 11”, 11-3/4”. Glued the two 1/4" back to back. Image is digital and was colored with Copic Markers and Spectrum Noir




I think it gives a bit more base the second option even though the base is 1.5" in both


No comments:

Post a Comment