Monday, January 6, 2014

Faux brick

Today is the last day of Christmas and in México is when we celebrate Día de Reyes...Kings Day or Epiphany. One of the traditions we have is a special sweet bread called Rosca de Reyes



inside this bread there are little toys that represents baby Jesus. And it's a surprise where they are as it represents when Jesus was hidden from the bad guys that wanted to kill him.


Each person has to cut their own piece because if you cut anywhere where you can see the baby it's yours. It's supposed to be a blessing getting one of the babies but for the most part we joke and hope not to get one as if you do then you will have to host a dinner party. This year at my sister & brother-in-law's the rosca had 8 babies!! On the first round we all got one and later my BIL got another and we split the leftover bread and while checking to see that there weren't any more babies they got two more and I got one more so at the end since they got 5 babies (my BIL got a total of 3) they will host the dinner party on Feb. 2nd



I made this card for my family and a friend that celebrates this holiday

The stamp is a retired SU, I wanted to try this faux brick technique and thought it would work great for it

No comments:

Post a Comment