Monday, January 27, 2014

Easel card

My sister wanted a "pretty" easel card for a friend of hers using Magnolia Tilda sitting on a bench. She likes easel cards because she says stores don't sell these type of cards. These is what I came up with. I know she'll pick the purple card but decided to make the two images I had colored as I wanted to try both ways of making the easel card.

The first one was from a card I saw at The frugal crafter's blog "gatefold easel card" and I really like doing two techniques into one card. Finished folded card is just a hair over 5-1/2"x 4-1/4"

First picture is the way it would be given


without the closure piece

closed-up view of the card

and the card all opened

I colored Tilda with Copic Markers and the bench is a by Joys! Crafts

The second was trying The scrap shoppe "easy" easel card. It was nice having just one piece of paper to make the whole thing BUT I don't think it sits that nicely or maybe it was my thick cardstock. The front panel is 4x4 but the bottom is about 1/2" longer

closed-up view of card

and standing


I used the same bench just different color and also colored Tilda with Copic Markers. On both cards the background was done with memento inks

No comments:

Post a Comment