Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving

Wishing you all a very and blessed Thanksgiving Day. We have been thankful that even though with continue in pandemic we all have been healthy thankfully to the vaccines and being extremely careful those that do go out either to work or for necessary things otherwise we stay home. We have our family and extended adopted family, our chosen family

I have been enjoying making backgrounds with my ergonomic blending brushes as it’s not too hard on my hard. I have two sets one I have from Amazon because I love the colors so I don’t have to read the labels to know which color I’m grabbing but they only have 6 colors so do still need some extras for those colors that don't sell, these I have dedicated to my regular distress inks and my original black from Altenew for my oxide inks since I already have been using for them and those are the ones that have labels blue, red, purple, etc. just so I don’t contaminate my ink pads as they say you shouldn't use dye ink with pigment or oxide same as my blending brushes the Picket Fence Studios life changing blender brushes are for oxide as they were my original brushes and the Erin Lee Creative blending brushes are for regular distress that way I don’t have to mix my brushes and these are colored brushes. Black handles oxide inks color handles regular distress ink for OCD makes it easy. Anyway, for this card I used both the ergonomic brush and life changing blender brushes. I started by stamping pumpkin from the recent HA release color layering pumpkin stamp set with Altenew crisp dye inks golden sunset collection snapdragon, marigold, green valley collection grass field and mountain pine then die cut it with matching frame cuts, plus 3 more partial die cuts. The wagon it’s from classic editions dies by Heartfelt Creations & Spellbinders and I die cut 3 the top one I slit on the top so I could slide the stamped pumpkin then I mounted the other 2 and the partial 3 and aside. Then grabbed a piece of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock die cut it with double stitched rectangle die by Kat Scrappiness stamped one of the images from big world stamp set by Altenew with Altenew crisp ink fall harvest collection butternut then masked with a 2.5” EK Success circle and then started blending with Tim Holtz distress oxide fossilized amber, spiced marmalade and candied apple with ergonomic brush then removed masked and with regular blending brush I added ink to the moon/sun and with a bit of fossilized amber and ground with peeled paint. I mounted my elements and then stamped my message with VersaFine Clair pinecone from the same color layering pumpkin set



No comments:

Post a Comment