Monday, November 8, 2021

With Sympathy

I needed a sympathy card to give to Bret and I had all a bunch of leftover pieces from 2 different fall cards I made and since a sympathy card pretty much can be anything I decided to use those pieces for his card. I started by grabbing a piece of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock to create my background with Tim Holtz distress oxide inks wasn’t sure which one between scattered straw or antique linen was lighter so I used both then fossilized amber with my ergonomic brush from Altenew and then with Picket Fence Studios life changing blender brushes added some wild honey on top edge and on bottom added some peeled paint and vintage photo. Let it dry for a few minutes then I die cut it with double stitched rectangle die by Kat Scrappiness and mounted to a precut piece of brown cardstock with Cindy Echtinaw Designs Card Creator Perfect Layers A and mounted to a card base of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 120 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock then added my elements. The leaves and acorn are from September 2021 released from HA autumn leaves fancy dies, the acorn has 3 layers, the wheelbarrow is from wheelbarrow2stamp die set from the club of the month April 2018, I did a little coloring to pretend it had shading with Copic markers and they were 3 layers. The message was a surgery message from Strawberry Jude Stamps as it was too long for my space watercolor roses with VersaFine Clair pinecone. For the inside I use a computer message since I wanted a personal message for losing a dad and my sympathy messages are general sympathy



No comments:

Post a Comment