Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Feliz Día de Muertos

 Today is Day of the death a day to honor our loved ones that had passed on. In Mexico is a big celebration, here in the States is more of a way to party but thanks to that I was able to find things to have an Altar this year as you are able to find lots of things to decorate for your parties 😀 My altar was a little different as I didn't add any photos for one as I believe you have to let the death rest after they are gone so I was not inviting them to come I was just honoring them. I had some paper skulls since they don't sell sugar skulls to add names of our loved one we were honoring. And also I didn't put fresh or real food as I'm not expecting visitors 😀 I would plan this better next year so Bret will do some steps and will have another area but in the meantime this is what I did



Now for the card I sent to my family, I started by using a layer of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock then I added Tim Holtz distress ink picked raspberry, Victorian velvet, carved pumpkin, crackling campfire, festive berries, ripe persimmon with Erin Lee Creative blending brushes; I let it dry for a few minutes and then I die cut it with Double stitched rectangle die by Kat Scrappiness then I stamped my images from Día de los Muertos stamp set by Inkadinkado with VersaFine Clair nocturne then decided it needed a bit more so I sprayed with my mixed of I believe Nuvo mica mist midnight horizon and maybe Imagine Sheer shimmer craft spray sparkle I forgot to label my mini mist spray, then I let it dry completely before I mounted on a layer of Park Lane 110 lb. smooth black solid core cardstock which I die cut with Cindy Echtinaw Designs Card Creator Perfect Layers A then stamped my word Feliz from Feliz stamp set by Elena Guillen-K & Sizzix/Ellison also with VersaFine Clair nocturne and finally mounted to my card base of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 120 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock


My sister also found some pan de muerto, I'm not supposed to eat this but not something we eat all the time, it's a once a year tradition so I will be having some since we found it and we were not able to have it last year 😂





No comments:

Post a Comment