Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Happy Tumorversary

 Recently a great lady celebrated a big accomplishment with help and support of her doctors and family and she has helped others in return during this time so I wanted to make her a card to celebrate her anniversary. Looking through my breast cancer sets saw that there was only images for support but not about surviving did check online found one that was forcing to order with dies so didn't want to it and the other wasn't going to get here soon enough but did get in the meantime went for plan B. I was surprised actually that only two sets that survivor on them, very disappointing as we are hoping they survive the fight for those that do fight and not just breast cancer but any cancer our cards are suppose to encourage everyone during and after I would assume but maybe they're just for the during and not expecting to send if they survive? just a rhetorical as like me I used you did it so that's what most people are doing 

Started with a layer of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 80 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock then I used my large oval dies by Spellbinders to make a mask then I used a stencil by Gina K Design square mandala with my ergonomic brush from Amazon and Tim Holtz distress ink wilted violet, shaded lilac and dusty concord then I cut my layer with double stitched rectangle die by Kat Scrappiness and used a blending brush from Erin Lee Creative and more dusty concord to darken the edges. Then I removed my mask and stamped the image from ribbon of courage by SU with Altenew crisp dye ink rock gray collection industrial diamond adding some shading with Copic Markers then stamped again with industrial diamond and colored with Copic Markers. The backup plan was using a message from a HA set congrats stamp & cut with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink and the 23 years was typed with the computer.

Mounted on a piece of lavender cardstock that was die cut with Cindy Echtinaw Designs Card Creator Perfect Layers A and then mounted to a card base of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 120 lb. Cover Smooth white cardstock. Finally I added the Happy Tumorversary that was punch with SU large oval and lavender piece that was punched with scallop oval also by SU



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Super kind words. Best Tumorversary card I have received. Thank you for all the love and support and Amazing cards. You have such a gift for sure. We appreciate you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're very welcome glad you liked the card. I love your organization so glad to help you and it enjoyed making your card!

      Delete